Happy St. Patrick’s Day! The Doo Wop and Disco Club will host a dinner and dance party on Saturday, March 14th in Abravanel Hall. The cost will be $30 for members and $34 for non-members.
The doors open at 5:00 pm on party night. Clubhouse communications often show a different start time than what has been established for our parties. Please adhere to the time shown in Doo Wop communications and do not arrive before that time.
Dinner will be served “family-style” (see #8 and #9 below) at 5:45 pm. Remember that “family-style” means the food served at each table is expected to serve 10 people. No refills are available. For those who wish to take food home, please do not take more than your share. Make sure that everyone at the table has been served before setting aside food you want to take with you.
As usual, this party will be BYOB. Music by the Clay Colton Band will start at 6:30 pm and will continue to 9:30 pm. See the attached flyer for additional party details.
In the past, for popular parties, we have added one or two tables to accommodate more than our stated limit of 200 people (#5). Please note that, due to construction in the clubhouse, we will NOT be adding tables to this party. We cannot accommodate more than 200 people.
We want to encourage our members to wear name tags to Doo Wop events. With a club membership of nearly 500, we find it more and more difficult to put names and faces together. Your generic OHCC name tag would be great, but name tags from any club are fine. Please see the front desk at the clubhouse to order name tags.
Sales begin on Wednesday, February 19th at 9:00 am in Abravanel Hall for members and a non-resident guest of a single member. Chairs will be set out the night before, but numbers for those chairs will not be issued until a Doo Wop board member arrives. You may arrive early and assume a seat, but numbers will only be assigned by the board member. We expect this to be a very popular party, so plan accordingly.
In addition to the party flyer, there are 2 other attachments to this email which describe our Ticketing Process and Assignment of Tables. If you have questions, please refer first to these documents.
Other important party items:
1. In order to purchase a member ticket to this party, you must be a member by 5:00 p.m. on February 17th. No membership checks will be accepted during ticket sales on February 19th.
2. Please make sure that your party checks are in an envelope with the full names of the people clearly printed on the outside of the envelope. You are responsible to assure that all people listed on the envelope are current members of the club. Ladies – if you use more than one last name, please help us out by using the name you used when you signed up for membership.
3. As usual, tables seat 10 people. Smaller groups are welcome. If your party is less than 10, you will be sitting with other people. You may turn in checks for 1 table per household (maximum 10 people).
4. Party checks left in the Doo Wop envelope will not be considered until after the ticket sales end on February 19th. Please follow the directions in the Doo Wop envelope when you drop off a check after ticket sales. You MUST sign the wait list in order to get your proper place on the waitlist.
5. 200 people is the maximum for this party. We will not be adding additional tables.
6. If seats are available, non-members may purchase tickets ($34 per person) starting on February 26th. Final day to purchase tickets is March 7th.
7. We need your assistance at parties. Please make your table more comfortable for all by removing your own trash as the evening progresses. When you are finished with disposable plates and cups, please use the appropriate trash receptacles. When you have recyclable items (wine bottles, cans, etc.), please use the receptacles marked for recycling. Please do not place these items under the tables. Please do NOT remove the tablecloths or decorations. At the end of the party, clean-up will be provided by OHCC staff. You do not need to clean up your table before you leave. Please remember to take all your personal items when you leave.
8. The advantages of serving food “family-style” are that we do not have a serving line and we do not have to call table numbers. Please keep in mind that the food your table receives is expected to serve 10 people. There are no “seconds” or refills available from the kitchen.
9. While we allow table size to exceed 10 for certain parties, we believe that “family-style” dining necessitates a maximum of 10 people per table. Our caterers are not able to accommodate varying table sizes when they prepare the serving dishes. Also, when there are serving dishes on the table, there is less room for drinks, plates, etc. We will strictly enforce the table limit of 10 for this “family-style” party.
10. For popular (that is, sold out) parties, there is a “wait list” in the Doo Wop envelope at the front desk. If you purchase tickets for a party and then find that you are not able to attend, please contact the party chairpersons or a Board member for assistance in contacting the people on the wait list. The Board believes this is more equitable to members who are on the wait list.